Thursday, April 23, 2009

Let Us Not Be Weary In Well Doing

Once again, I've been inspired by the words of Dr. Alan Keyes. I'm almost jealous that God gave Dr. Keyes a more astute mind than he gave me, lol. ALMOST. Just remember that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, each time expecting a different result. My sweetie still hasn't turned loose of his belief that 3rd parties spoil elections. That wouldn't be true if all the true conservatives would make a clean break with the party that keeps enslaving them (be it republican or democrat).

Just like Pavlov's dog, we've been conditioned to accept the candidates proffered by the GOP (no matter how distasteful their record on the issues), because "we don't want the democrats to win." Many Christians have stopped voting their conscience, and I am as guilty as the next person. BUT the debauchery of the last election has "cleared my sinuses" so that the stench of the GOP now matches the stench of the DNC. Heaven help us if we cannot stop the Wizard, the Wicked Witch of the West, and the Flying Monkeys from putting their agenda into place (we're not in Kansas any more, Toto). Sometimes I even wonder whether we will have elections in 2010.

To those who think we can't do anything because this is "end times" playing out like prophecy predicts, I say this: Jesus said no man knows the hour of the Lord's return. But we're to keep working until His return. So, it matters not whether I think that end times prophecy is being played out before my very eyes. I am to work until I can work no more. We're to keep working on the Great Commission, and we're to be salt and light in a dark, evil world. Let's not be weary of well doing.

Dr. Keyes' most recent blog post is awesome, read it here.

1 comment:

Betsy Price said...

You know, you brought up something that I was just thinking about today. I'm not naive enough to believe that we will ever totally heal this world. More and more things will fall apart and be attacked as the end comes. So, it is very tempting to say, "Why bother?" But I think we have to bother. Especially since so many of the issues today are Biblical/Spiritual issues. These thoughts are just forming in my head.