Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thanks for your inspiration, Tim!

Timothy Donovan has a great post on his Smart Girl Politics page, http://smartgirlpolitics.ning.com/profiles/blogs/minority-report. I responded on Tim's page, but thought the discussion should be trumpeted far and wide. This is my response to Tim's blog:

Timothy, I'm with you! If we don't start standing up, we'll fall for anything! :D Seriously, the "unalienable rights" we are giving away each and every day...to watch it makes me "creeped out." I see this [Alleged] President, who not only creeps me out but makes me want to puke, dismantling our country without a single peep from our so-called "watch dog media." Even the quasi conservative media (Fox News) fails to get the big picture. Glenn Beck sort of gets it, but he is only one amongst thousands who don't get it.

The other thing that really creeps me out is the Republican Party. I've stood back and really taken a long, hard look. Folks, this isn't the same party that your grandparents had. It isn't even the same party that we had 30 years ago when Ronald Reagen became president. I've seen some of the GOP preparations for the 2010 elections (there are at least two senate seats up for grabs due to retirement of the incumbent R). One of those seats is in Florida. A very conservative R announced his intention to run about 2 weeks before a RINO announced his intention to run. Guess which one the GOP is backing to the hilt? The RINO!

It just gags me! Oh, they want to listen to the conservatives (NOT)--they just want to know what they have to say to win you over! Mind you, they're not going to take any of your advice, but they want to know what to "parrot back" to you to get you to vote republican. It is like Charlie Brown and Lucy and the football. She pulls it away every time, and poor Charlie is so gullible he keeps trying because maybe next time she really will hold it for him.

Argh!!! People, when are you going to understand that the Democrat and Republican parties are two wings on the same bird of prey?!

No comments: