Sunday, March 29, 2009

America's Right: Leave Ashley Biden Alone

Jeff Schreiber hits the nail on the head again. Not that we should ignore the story, but that we shouldn't annihilate her. As conservatives, we know how tough these issues are on families. Yes, she is an adult. So is the rotten friend who video-taped the incident with the intent of profiting from the video. It is a sad day. No matter what I think of Joe Biden and his politics, I will not criticize his relationship with his daughter. Ashley and Dad need some "alone time."

America's Right: Leave Ashley Biden Alone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What makes you think this is a low point in her life she probably been doing drugs for years I don't feel the least bit sorry for her. I hope they arrest her.

Mary Ann said...

Anonymous, I did not say I felt sorry for her, just that it was something "the right" shouldn't pile on. At age 27 she is more than an adult, but that does not mean just because she is an adult that she doesn't need some careful parenting. I hurt for her father and I empathize with her. Who among us hasn't done something stupid in our lives. Off the top of my head I can think of several blunders that caused me a great deal of pain--but at the same time gave me a great deal of "education" as well.

Is it such a slow news day that we can't cut Ashley some slack?