Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Definition of Stimulous?

Oh, wow! I thought you'd never ask! I've cooked up the perfect plan....

And that would be for both houses of Congress (elected officials, not staffers) AND THE PRESIDENT to volunteer to take half salary this year for all the mess they've caused over the last two years. I'd like Nancy Schmancy Pelosi to give up her airplane and travel like the rest of us peasants. I'd also like Congress to discontinue their elite retirement plan, or at least phase it out over a couple of years. I want them to live like I live--paycheck to paycheck, and I want them to look forward to Social Security and 401(k)s as their retirement options, just like we do.

Does anyone remember way back when John Kennedy was President? Now there's a Democrat that you can shake hands with and not feel like you need a bath afterward, lol. Do you remember that he refused his Presidential salary, always placing it back into the treasury every pay day? His reasoning was that he and his family had enough money to live on, and that they didn't need that salary. Boy, those were the days, eh? A stark contrast to today's society where enough is never enough, isn't it?

Every institution that has been bailed out thus far has paid their executives big bonuses: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, CitiBank, and all the others that I can't remember at the moment. I've been "frosted" for so long over so many atrocities that I'm like an ice cube. :D Every time Mr. Obama approaches a microphone I go into another deep freeze.

In fact, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we reverted back to the way Congress was convened in the early days: statesmen were not paid, they volunteered their time; congressional sessions were only 3-4 months long and held during the winter so as not to interfere with the farmers' planting and harvesting.

What d'ya think of them apples? :D

No comments: